Monday, September 15, 2008

You Are Creative

Creativity is our birth rite. 
  
The first step of our journey started with the ultimate creative and sacred act and we are the result.   

Everyday you see creation in motion through nature or the choices we make in our lives.   Children play by using their imaginations to create something fun while we create our careers, opportunities and countless other "creations".  

There seems to be a hidden or visible passion in each of us to find purpose and expression in our lives.  Part of that expression comes in a variety of forms; a book, a song, a dance, a poem, a painting, a great meal, home made crafts, fixing up a car, a business idea, planning a party, and numerous other ways.   

More than ever in this lifetime we are searching for creative solutions and ways to make our lives more meaningful.   

This blog is to remind all of us that "we are creative" and we need to allow ourselves to dig deep inside ourselves to discover who we are and what our lives mean to us.   In that journey we find truth, beauty, and the peace of mind that comes from what I call a healthy dose of inner struggle.    

The act of creation has it's fair share of discomfort before the birth of a miracle. 
  
Learning to relax in the process is the mastery of the art and sometimes the best part of the journey.   

Think about what you want to create in your life today and make one step in that direction, for yourself and for the world.   


4 comments:

heidibeads said...

Hi Ellen - I'm in your class with Eric and I checked out your website and now your blog - congratulations on getting it up and rolling. Love the thought behind the blog - Oh and love your middle name, too - Joy, Joy, Joy! Good luck with your work.

SoundCreativity.com said...

Thanks Heidi.
It's good to have visitors from Eric Maisel's classes. He has inspired so many of us with his wonderful work. My middle name was from my mom who decided that I was like the Christmas song "Joy To the World" for being born a week before Christmas. I have her to thank for such a wonderful choice of name.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Ellen has been a great Creativity Coach and has helped me finally launch some of my artwork out into the world and in stores! She continues to push and inspire me - which has helped me in all aspects of my life and in my business! Thanks Ellen - looking forward to your continued encouraging thoughts and ideas... as well as challenges!

Kris said...

Hi Ellen,

I'm also in your class with Eric. Glad to support your new blog. I'll be back.

Kris